I want to post this so that I will always remember.
Avrie and I were making her bed when she started talking about her pillowcases that her Aunt Kim made for her. They are really cute seasonal pillowcases with her name embroidered on each of them. Very, very cute! Avrie and Remi both love them. So she said to me how good of a seamstress she thinks Kim is and asked if I use to sew. I told her no, not like Kim does. So she said, "Well, what are you good at then?" I didn't have to think long to say, "Nothing, really." She immediately said back to me, "well, you are really good at being a mom". I had to fight back my tears. She was saying it to me like it was a special talent to have, and it really meant a lot to me coming from her. She is the brutally honest one in our house.

5 comments:
That is the sweetest thing ever! That is the reason why we have little girls!!
I think you are a good mom too. its hard taking care of lots of kids at once, all day every day. I think being a mom is the hardest job ever and i don't even have my own kids yet!
So dang cute. I wanted to cry just reading it.
Awww, such a sweet story!
It is moments like these you never want to forget and it makes being a mom even more special.
Post a Comment