When Maddox was about a year old he got a blanket for Christmas from his cousin Belle. It has always been his favorite. He used to take it everywhere with him. As he got a little older, he just took it with him where ever he was in the house. We have always had to sneak it away from him to wash it so he wouldn't completely freak out. Well, today I thought that he is old enough that if I took him into the laundry room and had him help me, then he would think that it was a good thing. Bad idea!! He snatched his blanket out and ran back upstairs with it. I knew I had to finish what I had started so I took it back. You can tell by the pictures below, how well he dealt with it. After a couple of hours he got his clean blanket. He was so excited to get it back. Lesson learned? ~~ Don't try to wash the blanket while he is around! ~~ I just hope he isn't one of those men that still sleeps with their "woobie" even after their married.


4 comments:
Let me just say...it will get better! I have had 2 blankie babies. They still sleep with them and drag them around but, I am allowed to wash them without tears now! So cute! I love the pictures!
Look at that face! So sad!! I guess you learned your lesson.
oh my. he is so funny. that is why i love him so much. i think you should read those books. they are so good once you get in to them.
My kids are total blanket babies! Your pictures tug at my heart strings, he looks so sad.
Post a Comment