Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Little boy's treasures

You know the saying one man's trash is another man's treasure? Well, my dear child Remi has taken it a little too far. Almost daily he comes home with some thing that he finds on his way. I think he is actually dumpster diving by the school but he won't admit it. Gross! Not to say I didn't enjoy a little of that myself when I was little, but those dumpsters are disgusting. We've had plumbing parts, bolts, broken toy guns, and so on. The plumbing parts he planned to make something with. I still don't think he has realized that it has disappeared. :) The broken toy gun he was sure he could put back together. Imagine if you put one on the ground and run over it with your car. That's what it looked like. Not happening! Funny how I ended up with a bolt in my tire last week. Hmmm. He is in the inventing and take things apart and put back together part of his life, so who knows what he'll be showing up with next.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

The worst is when you sneak and throw it away and then they remember and spend forever looking for it. Then you have to say, "um, it might have accidentally been thrown away."

Maybe that just happens to me! : )

Michelle said...

Has he put anything under the bed and a week later you have an awful smell in his room?

KerrieLeigh said...

We have definitely found some "I'll save it for later" food under the bed. Still not sure if it's Remi or Maddox though. I think I'm leaning towards Maddox on that one.

kelly Martin said...

Remember how we'd do that all summer in Cortez! We found some fantastic furniture that way.

Shay said...

Maybe someday he'll find a really cool valuable coin or something...you never know!

Autumn said...

Funny! I am cracking up at Lisa's comment! That happens to me all of the time. Poor kids can't keep anything around here!