When we decided that we wanted to get a new front door, I had no idea how much work it would actually require. I guess I assumed that you just take the old one off and put the new one on. At least until we went to pick it up and then it occurred to me that the door wasn't stained, didn't have a door handle or hinges, etc. Stupid me! So after a week and a half of our house smelling so bad from the stain and other chemicals (I have no idea what they're called), Chris' dad was nice enough to come and help Chris install the door. It still isn't complete, but here is the almost finished product.
Our house is definitely a fixer upper in progress. Well, it's been in progress for 5 years. :-) A little at a time is better than nothing at all though, right? The house was built in the 80s and given the style of the 70s. You're jealous, I know. Next project...paint! Just in time to have another child old enough to draw on the walls. Can't wait!

9 comments:
that is such a pretty door. I know what you mean about a fixer upper and you will see what I mean when you come to our house.
I understand completely! We are on our second fixer-upper and though I am tired of constantly living in the middle of projects I suppose I should be thankful that we are able to handle so many things on our own.
That is a beautiful door? Where did you find it?
We got at Lowes. Of course you stain whatever color you prefer.
maybe you should just start hanging butcher paper on your walls. It's white like paint, but then when the kids color on the walls you could just put up a new peice??
Your new door is very pretty. It is so fun to complete projects, and it makes you appreciate it more when you do the work!
I love it! So pretty!
Looks great! Good luck with the painting.
Nice Door. Does it give a different feel to the house when you come home?
My door still needs to be replaced after having a tree shatter it. Maybe Chris' dad will come fix my door for me:) I know some little girls who would shrek with joy to have their Grandpa fix their door.
Looks good you guys! My hats off to Chris and his Dad.
Post a Comment