Saturday, August 9, 2008

Everyone says that 3 is the hardest...

Um.......have they had 4? Okay, so maybe it is because of my mind set, but this is really hard! I have had some difficulty getting back into baby mode, but that really hasn't been the hardest part. My 8-year-old and almost 7-year-old are fighting CONSTANTLY! Normal, I'm sure, but then add a 3-year-old that is not potty trained and has become very defiant. His growing up so quickly in the past two weeks has come with unexpected attitude. I am going back to work next week and I am dreading it so much. I usually prefer to get right back in to my normal routine so I don't have time to get depressed or get mad about the fact that I have to go back to work at all. I feel totally different this time. I don't feel ready yet. I took all 4 kids out with me yesterday by myself for the first time and it freaked me out a little. I HAVE FOUR KIDS!! AHHHHHHH! I am so sleep deprived! There is no napping when the baby is napping. I have 3 others that make sure that doesn't happen. As I sit here typing this post, my only girl is trying to fix my hair with lots of clips and pony tails. I am fighting back tears as the hair is being ripped from my scalp! I know if I say anything she will get upset and run away crying. Oh boy, what have I gotten myself into??? Well, time to put my happy face back on and go on with the rest of the day. :-)

8 comments:

Aundrea said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! I hear ya though! Maybe getting back into a routine will help a little, I hope!(((hugs))), and hang in there!

NICOLE said...

That is a cute picture!!!! Im sorry you feel so crazy. I hope you feel better soon!!!

Rochelle said...

So I can't help but giggle a little, cause you look so cute and yet ragged at the same time! Hang in there, just keep telling yourself it's all temporary!

Autumn said...

That is a photo worth a thousand words!! So funny! You should let me help you...I could take your kids while you get in a nap!! ...You ALREADY have to go back to work!? Your maternity leave is NOT long enough!!!

Arah Debra said...

I'm so sorry you're so worn out! I agree with Autumn, your maternity leave is definitely not long enough. Just looking at your picture makes me tired.

Unknown said...

I think you need me and Autumn to take you to lunch! Hang in there maybe when school starts it will be better:)

Anonymous said...

Nobody could pull of that Avrie-made hair do like you, Leigh. You look gorgeous. I don't have any wonderful words of wisdom like all of these nice ladies, but hang in there. :D Best of luck with the office. I'm sorry you have to go back so soon.

kelly Martin said...

Okay, just try to relax and look into the future. Those four nutty children that are making your life so complicated right now, will be taking care of you someday, and they WONT put you in a nursing home, (like we will Mom, Phil, Dad and Holly, yeah, all together!) Ha! Ha! j.k.
Hope it gets easier soon, wish I was closer to help you out.