Saturday, August 2, 2008

Almost 20 pounds in 5 days!!!!

Okay, so when you really do the math of losing an 8+ pound baby, fluids, etc., it really isn't that big of an accomplishment. However, you ADD in the extra weight of these HUMONGOUS!!!! boobs, I am feeling pretty good about myself. I tend to put on a lot of weight (all over) with my pregnancies, so I get very anxious to start to lose it all. They say that it takes you 9 months to gain it all, so don't expect to lose it in a matter of weeks. WHATEVER!! As soon as I am feeling "normal", I am going for it.


On a more important note, Gannon is doing so well. Of course he isn't sleeping through the night, but he is going about 5 hours, which we love! He has a little tint of jaundice that we are watching but he is already changing so much. This has been such a crazy experience for us. I feel like I am doing this for the first time and feel like such an idiot. I hope it will start coming back to me soon! Poor kid is constantly mauled by his little mother Avrie and I caught Remi trying to take him into another room to show someone the other day. Luckily I was standing right there. I am so happy that they instantly fell in love with him, however, their constant attention is becoming a little bit of a problem. I am sure as the newness of it all wears off, it will improve. You can't get mad at them for wanting to be with him. That is what we had hoped for! I think he's a keeper!

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

He looks like your husband, who I have only seen in pictures so that doesn't say a lot. But dang that baby is flippin cute!

Autumn said...

I'm with Rochelle, I think he looks like Chris too! What a beautiful baby! Jen and I want to come visit him maybe next week! I'll text ya!

kelly Martin said...

It's gotta be overwhelming! I remember with my second and especially my third, it just felt like there were always 200 people around when there was only a handful. I'm glad your starting to feel more like yourself (weight wise), it's crazy how fast that water weight comes off, I'm sure you'll loose even more pretty quickly.
Yep, I'm with the other girls, right now Gannon looks just like Chris, (it seems like more than any of the other kids did.)

Michelle said...

Gannon is adorable!