(I really need an outlet to vent, so here we go)
I am having a rough day (emotionally) because of a conversation that I had with Remi this morning. He is the type of kid that will be stewing over something for awhile before he will say anything to you. I haven't noticed anything wrong with him, but he has been extremely anxious for the baby to come. Aren't we all, right? It has surprised me a little with him though. Well, we were driving to the dentist and out of the blue he says to me, "Mom, R--- and J--- told me that our baby is going to come out dead". (These boys are two kids that he plays with daily at our babysitter's house. It is not the same kid that told Remi that his mom is fat.) When he first said this to me, I was a little shocked and didn't really react. I did answer him saying that everything with our baby is great and not to worry. The more I thought about it, the more pissed off I have become. Those little bastards!!!! Who do they think they are saying such things, especially to an 8 year old. I have no idea how long ago they said this to him and I don't really want to press him on it because knowing Remi he will read too much into it. So I have been going back and forth on do I talk to the babysitter and make a big deal of it or just let it go and not worry about it. I guess I should mention that the baby is perfectly healthy (as he is kicking the crap out of my ribs right now) and his health has never been an issue. I have no frickin' idea why they said that. I am upset that they have put this in his head, not because I believe that it will happen. Man I wish I was 8 again so I could beat the crap out of them.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Who do they think they are?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Aww, more Remi! I'm sure you'll find a way to put his mind at ease. It's hard to know what to do in these situations! I'm with you though, I want to beat 'em up!!
Luckily the baby is almost here and Remmi will see for himself that he's fine. In the mean time...yeah, I think I would say something to the sitter. At least she will be aware and can keep her ears open for anymore remarks.
I would say something to the sitter. Who knows what else they say to him.
Kids like that need their mouth washed out with soap!
EW! I really hate bratty kids! So sad he's been worrying about that! Can't wait till he's here so he can relax! I'd for sure say something to the sitter...I'm all for tattle telling in situations like that! :)
I'm with Kelly and Autumn and I would for sure say something to the babysitter. Oh, that makes me so mad! Little brats!!
kids are getting worse and worse everyday. High school was scary. (not because i went to granger) it's just how people are in today's world and it makes me sick. my biggest fear is what the world is going to by like when my kids go to school. I taught in granger's pre school my senior year in high school and those kids knew way too much and said some very surprising things. i was shocked. i don't think you have anything to worry about and i think you should let avrie beat them up.
I'm so sorry that happened. I hope Remi is feeling better and knows everything is alright.
I would go kick the shit out of those little brats. Ah just kidding.
Post a Comment