With Remi's commitment to baseball and everyone else's schedules, taking a vacation this summer wasn't going to happen. So instead we decided to take a week and go somewhere "local" each day. We had so much to do, we ended up doing two or three things on some days. We ended up running out of time to do some of planned activities, so we'll have to try and fit a few more things in before school starts.
Our first evening before we really got started, we hit the Bean Museum at BYU. We've been there many times so I didn't think to take any pictures.
DAY ONE:
BINGHAM CANYON COPPER MINEThese trucks are unbelievably HUGE! You can see a regular sized truck driving in front of the beastly truck.
LIVING PLANET AQUARIUM The kids had so much fun here. It was really hard to get them to leave. We had a problem with Maddox disappearing and would always find him in the "caves". He found himself a new home.
DAY TWO:
CAWABUNGA BAY
We were smart enough to get there when they opened. Within a couple of hours it got pretty crazy and really HOT. Getting the four hour pass was plenty of time, especially with little kids. Remi and Chris probably could have stayed all day.
DAY THREE:
MINIATURE GOLFING



DAY FOUR:
HIKING BRIDAL VEIL FALLS
DAY FIVE:
HILL AEROSPACE MUSEUM (HILL AIR FORCE BASE)
Chris got REALLY picture happy, so I'll share my favorites.
Outside portion of the museum... Inside portion of the museum...
The kids know that Grandpa Kent was in the Air Force and looked everywhere in the museum for pictures of him. They never found him, but they have a lot of questions for him. I'm sure he'll be thrilled. :)
GEORGE ECCLES DINOSAUR PARK
CHILDREN'S DISCOVERY MUSEUM
DAY SIX:
HIKING THE "Y" (Chris, Remi, & Avrie)
This was Avrie's first hike, so it was a pretty big deal. Not sure if she'll ever go again. 




DAY SEVEN:
HIKING PROVO PEAK (Chris & Remi)
BACHELORETTE PARTY
My niece Andrea and two of her best friends are all getting married this month. We thought it would be really fun to have a "bachelorette" party for the three of them together. It was a lot of fun for me to plan. It ended up being scheduled at the end of our Family Fun Week, so I thought I'd add that in too, even though I was the only one who got to enjoy it. My lips are sealed on the party details. ;) Congratulations ladies!!
The Three Brides (Amy, Andrea, & Stephanie)
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Our "Family Fun Week"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Cute pictures of cute kids. It looks like you had a lot of fun. You went too a lot of fun places. Places I have been and want to go to. I loved the aquarium.
Hey hill is right by my house you should of stopped in. Looks like you have had a lot of fun. What a good mom.
That picture of your kids on the bridge is PERFECT!!
Post a Comment