Monday, July 12, 2010

Remi's All-Stars

I don't know why I was dumb enough to think that things would slow down when school got out for the summer. I've been running around more the past month than any other. On top of that, I was even dumber to think that I had time to stop and have surgery in the middle of it. Won't do that again.

Remi was lucky enough to be selected to be our city's All-Star baseball team again this year. He was on All-Stars last year, but we had no idea how different it would be. Last year he was in the Single A division, which was just fine with us since it was only his first year playing. When they played their All-Stars, it was one game against each other. This year he is in the Double A division and their All-Stars play in Regional tournaments, State tournaments, and potentially National tournament. We don't anticipate going to Nationals, but they are definitely playing in the State tournament and I think they'll do pretty well. There are actually 2 different Orem All-Star teams and Remi is on the "B" team. Because of the way they stacked the "A" team, it won't surprise anyone if they do go to Nationals. They made it last year and they have a really good chance this year. Even if our team doesn't get that far, we are so proud of how much they have already been able to accomplish. We still have 2 weeks of tournaments to play, so who knows.

Warming up for their first game. They are required to have three coaches and when the third coach baled on them, some how Chris was the lucky one to be asked. It's pretty amusing seeing him in his uniform. (Notice he's hiding behind Remi) Remi and his friend Logan passing the time on our way to their first tournament.

2 comments:

NICOLE said...

He did so good! Im glad we could come watch him!

Shay said...

I am sure it is so fun to watch him play! The scenery in the first picture is so pretty. Living out here in the desert makes me miss the green in Utah. That is so neat Remi is doing so well in baseball. I hope you are having a fun Summer!...It sounds like a busy one for sure.