Wednesday, September 17, 2008

You just can't find good help these days!

Since we decided that it was best to let "horse girl" go before any more damage was done, it has left Kim and I picking up the pieces. We are both trying to do our jobs, split the receptionist duties, and try to correct the mess that "horse girl" created. We are still finding so many things that just make you shake your head and wonder. Now that we are back to square one, we have started interviewing again. Since we totally blew it last time, we have found ourselves picking at every little detail. The problem with that is that you really can only tell so much from an interview. You see what they want you to see. Most people put on their best outfit and try to act like the person they think you are looking for. Of course there are exceptions. We had a lady show up last time with her baby! I had just had my baby 3 days before and I didn't show up with my baby, so that really didn't go over well with me. I think I offended her when I asked if her baby would be a problem for her. If she can't find a babysitter for a 30 minute interview, how can she handle working a full time job. It has become a sad realization that people just don't have the work ethic or even courtesy that they use to have. I'm not talking about 50 years ago either. There is a drastic difference from even just 10 years ago. Has society as a whole done this or is it something that parents are not instilling in their children anymore? Either way, it sucks! When you are being paid to do a job or service, you are expected to do that job or service. I hope we find someone good soon because this got old a long time ago!!
BTW, I refer to our former employee as "horse girl" because she spent every minute of her day on a virtual horse website. Though it was only one of many reasons, all of that horse play got her fired!

5 comments:

NICOLE said...

I love that you call her horse girl. It makes me laugh everytime i read her name!

Lisa said...

She brought in a baby to the interview? I mean, I kind of feel bad for her but if I couldn't find a babysitter I would have just tried to cancel/reschedule my interview. That's hilarious!

Kayela said...

It is so irritating when people bring their kids places when they really shouldnt. We have people bring their kids to our office all the time when we are taking loan applications and going over the loan process. What does this mean? I also get to babysit because once they get there its like they forgot they even had kids and they let them do whatever they want and get into whatever they want. Good luck on finding someone.

Autumn said...

"Horse Girl" is so funny! Sorry I haven't come up with any prospective employees for you! Hope it's going better!!

Anonymous said...

If you start calling me "Horse Girl", I'm gonna be very upset with you! :)