Today was Remington's first official football game. It was a total blowout (in the other team's favor), but Remi played really well. There is only so much you can teach kids in just 3 weeks so I am sure they will continue to get better. Thankfully Remi has the attitude that he is playing to have fun and not just playing to win, so it was not a sad day for him. He was bummed that they didn't score, but happy he is finally playing. In little league fashion, the parents were more upset than the kids were. We were all a little bothered that the other team's coach was so set on running up the score and a little dirty at playing. They were definitely lacking in sportsmanship! The first of many we'll see, I'm sure. It's sad how some adults act in these situations. Now Remi gets to look forward to hard practice next week. Win or lose, we are very proud of him!
Remi after his game. Doesn't look disappointed at all!
Remi after his game. Doesn't look disappointed at all!

4 comments:
I really hate coaches like that! Way to go Remi! Looks like he had a great time!
Glad you had fun Rembo. Jack's team didn't score yesterday either, he still had fun too.
Man, the little league parents and coaches in New Orleans were the worst I've ever seen!!!!!
Remi, you look so cool! Glad to see that you enjoyed yourself.
What a good attitude!
Post a Comment