Today at work we had a man come in with a broken nose. That in itself is not unusual, but this man was in a wheelchair. He was missing both of his legs due to complications from diabetes. When he was going to his car, he slid in his wheelchair on the ice and fell over onto his face and broke his nose. I don't think I have ever met anyone like him. Working in a doctors office you see all kinds of walks of life, but this guy was different. There were three younger children in the waiting room at the same time and this man thought it was amuzing to tease them. We have a large fish tank with some larger bala sharks and a few other small ones. It is a fresh water tank, so they are still small fish, but large for their type. Anyway, the kids were really into the sharks and this guy turned to them and said "You kids better be careful. I got too close to those sharks and they bit my legs off". Luckily these kids were old enough to know that he was joking. We had a good laugh and thought it was so amazing that someone like him that is in the condition that his is, could make a joke of it. Watching this really made me grateful for what I have and made me realize that you can turn anything into a laugh with the right attitude.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good story! By the way..I am way impressed with your blogging skills! You and Jenny picked it right up! I love being able to click on here and see something new! xoxo
Way good story. Blogging gets easyer when you figure out what to do. But I still can't spell even with spell check.
I swear anytime I am ever feeling sorry for myself God outs something in my way to remind me how lucky I really am. Nice story, I admire "cup half full" people so much!
I agree with Lisa, I'm really very blessed and have no right to feel sorry for myself. I need to be more of a half-full kind of person:)
Post a Comment