Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Nothing's gonna stop this kid!

Yesterday was the big day for Gannon's leg brace fitting. It was a little bit of a difficult process for a little guy. They literally have to cast each leg in a 90 degree position and cut them off. Probably doesn't sound that bad, but keep in mind that Gannon's legs don't naturally go to 90 degrees, thus the point of the braces. He handled it better than I expected. He was all over their office and even emptied a few of their drawers. I had intended to take a few pictures and then just forgot. It was a little bit of information overload. It will still be a couple of weeks before we get the braces. I did get to pick out the color of the straps and one strap that will have a design. So Gannon will be sportin' some seriously stylish braces with black straps with flames! It is what it is so let's have fun with it, right?

On a side note, Gannon tried walking to me from the middle of the room and did amazing. It was more like a penguin shuffle, but nonetheless, progress! He'll be running circles around us in no time.

2 comments:

NICOLE said...

I love him! He is too cute and he is getting so big! I think he will be just fine :)

Kayela said...

That is so exciting. He will for sure be styling with his flames. Im glad you found out what to do and he is doing better.