Friday, March 20, 2009

Why do kids do such stupid things?

I know every kid has to cut their hair at least once, but I still just don't get it. Avrie has been suffering through growing out her bangs and really has done a pretty good job fixing it. I don't know what got into her, but she decided to cut a few. Key words a few. There is a really obvious patch of really short hair right in the middle of her forehead. Of course to top it all off, she totally lied about it. She had no idea what could have happened to her hair. She must have caught it in her backpack, she said. After I pointed out that backpacks can't cut hair that straight, she started to cry. Nothing will give you away faster than the I'm guilty cry. To make it even more annoying, she doesn't even want bangs! So here's an instance of a child being dumb and probably thinking Gee, I wonder what would happen if I put the scissors next to my hair and then close them. Uh, it will cut your hair! Can you tell I'm a little frustrated? I still don't know when or where it happened. She did a pretty good job hiding it for a couple of days.

8 comments:

Kayela said...

My niece just did the same thing. Good Luck with making it blend somehow

suzan said...

all kids cut their hair for some reason or other and it is usually just before picture time. I don't remember if Christopher cut his hair or not but it wouldn't of made a difference with his funky hair. Who could tell! Well Avrie you can always cut bangs. I think you look cute with them anyway. And look at that Gannon over there. He is sooooo big. Cute, cute, kids. ♥♥♥♥♥ Grandma

kelly Martin said...

That's so funny! Yeah, all kids try that...you know what would have been really weird is if she would have accidentally cut one of her eyelashes while cutting her bangs, then cut the eyelashes of the other eye really short to match, then just looked really freaky with these short, thick, blunt eyelashes...I'll bet she wouldn't admit that either.....and you'd be like "what happened to your eyelashes?" and she'd be like, "I TOLD you NOTHING...they are just like that now.

Unknown said...

Oh that suck.

Lisa said...

On the bright side, her hair color is gorgeous!

Aundrea said...

Oh man! That ought to be fun to grow out!

Anonymous said...

LOL. AVRIE!!! So awesome.

Love that innate need kids have for some reason to cut their own hair. Oh well, right? Hair grows back thank goodness. :)

Love the new layout. The background is adorable and the pictures of your kids get cuter everyday. (Gannon's smile is perfect!)

Jacque said...

Maybe her forehead was a little hot and she decided that would be the best way to cool it off! lol good things it is hair and it grows back. sucks to have to start over growing out that section again. Oh well she still looks cute!!