- While Chris was helping Avrie to prepare her primary talk for church, they were talking about what it meant to have a "testimony". So he asked her do you believe in Jesus, the prophet, etc. She answered yes to all of them. So he told her that when you tell people that, then you are bearing your testimony. She replied, "but dad, I don't believe in leprechauns".
- One day Avrie asked me how old I would be when she was my age. Before I could answer, Remi replied "dead!"
- When Remi was about 3 years old he was playing in the car with his Granny Phil pretending like he was driving. When he was told that it was time to go inside, he started throwing a tantrum and yelled out "my kick your ass Granny Phil!"
- We were driving past a cemetery and could see a grave-side service in process when Avrie said to me, "Mom, will I get to go to one of those?" I told her that when I get old and die, then she will get to be there for me. Her response was a little shocking. She yelled out "Whoa hoo, I get to go to the cemetery when mom dies!"
- Beginning at about age 2, any time Maddox would enter a home he would bend down and kiss the floor. We still aren't sure why he does this, but it is almost like he is saying hello to the house.
- When Remi was just old enough to talk he was asked where he got his big head from. He responded "Costco" every time. Not long after he started that, he told everyone that Avrie came from Target. I wonder what the store's return policy is. ;)
- Chris was complaining about his weight and when he said that he was fat Avrie said, "Daddy you aren't fat, you're just plump".
- Every time Maddox goes to his Grammy's house he has to play in the water at the kitchen sink. One day he discovered the sprayer next to the faucet. As soon as he realized what it did, he sprayed down the side of his Uncle Kevin and burst into laughter. A few minutes later, Grammy came walking into the room and as soon as she turned her back, she was soaked! Luckily everyone was nice about it and we all had a good laugh.
- We have always had a hard time getting the kids to stop climbing in bed with us at night, so Chris came up with a brilliant plan. He told them all that every time they did it, they had to pay him a dollar. That worked really well for about a week. Then one night Avrie came in and climbed in bed with us. She had two dollars with her that she gave to Chris. She said to him, "here is my dollar for tonight and there is another one for tomorrow". Needless to say, his plan didn't work out.
- (This isn't a funny story, but one I definitely want to remember) Last month Remi called his Granny Phil to wish him a happy birthday. Nothing out of the ordinary, however, this year was his 80th birthday. As he was talking to him he started to get very emotional and by the time he got off the phone he was crying. I was concerned about what happened in the conversation, so I asked him what was wrong. He said to me, "Nothing, I am just so happy that he is still alive".
- When Maddox was born Avrie was 3 1/2 and very possessive of her new little brother. She couldn't keep her hands off of him. When it was Grammy's turn to hold the new baby, Avrie grew impatient very quickly wanting him back. When Grammy wouldn't immediately hand him over, Avrie said "Gwammy, its my fweakin' baby!"
I have forgotten so much, so as I remember I will keep adding more. If anyone else remembers funny things about me kids, please remind me so I can add it on.

5 comments:
Those are so cute! LOL about kicking granny's ass:) ps. I love your new layout.
How funny, great idea I am going to copy. Love the new layout!
That was some funny stuff. And such a good idea! I might have to copy you.
Those were so cute! So glad Ann took being hosed down with water in good spirits! :)
...forgot to tell you...your blog looks really cute!
Post a Comment