Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Worst Week Ever!!

Do you ever have a day or even a week that you think that it couldn't possibly get worse, but it does? This week would definately be one of those.

Some how we ended up with the stomach flu in our house starting with Avrie on Sunday. She didn't think it was important enough to mention that she had thrown up until someone else had to clean it up. She had also done it earlier in the day, but since she made it to the bathroom, she didn't say anything. Smells and even the look of things really get to me right now and that was the last thing I could handle. I tried really hard to go into "mother mode" and just get it done, but my body was not gonna let it happen. Luckily Remi toughed it out and helped me. Needless to say, she stayed home from church and school the next day. Chris stayed home with her and Maddox and everyone did fine all day. Of course they did, until I got home.

That night Maddox came in our room whining. He does that some times to get your attention, so we didn't automatically assume he wasn't feeling well. We discovered otherwise really soon after. Just as soon as we started to fall asleep, he threw up all over our bed. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!! Bed was stripped, towels placed, and it happened again, and again, and again. Is this night ever going to end? We were able to sleep maybe 2 hours the entire night. Morning comes and he is bouncing around like normal. Oh good, he has it out of his system and we're done. Uh, no. About an hour later Avrie comes to find me to tell me that there is a really bad smell. I'm thinking that it is probably just the smell lingering from the night. I wish!!! The smell was so bad it made your eyes water. Without being too graphic, Maddox was now dealing with issues from the other end. This poor child was covered! This poor mom had to clean him up!! That is when you step back for a minute and pray for the lack of smell and ability to get it done. I cannot even come close to explaining how bad this was, nor would you want me to. His pajamas went straight outside into the garbage. I am not dealing with that one. I had to take the day off of work this time and this went on for most of the day. When I miss a day of work, which is not very often, it is really difficult to feel like I am completely caught back up. You wouldn't think one day would make that much difference but it definately does in my office.

By Wednesday everyone is feeling better, so life moves on as normal. Please Remi don't get sick!I get to work and there are problems right away from the day before. Our boss is out of town and someone gets to call him and tell him what happened and find out what he wants to do about it. Guess who gets elected to call? I have worked for him for over 9 years so I know him pretty well and I know exactly how he is going to react. I really do not want to be that person. The problem was that we were dealing with a situation that was completely his fault. How do you call your boss and tell him that this has happened, oh, and you did it? Well, I did. Ok, so maybe it was more like "please don't yell at us because it is completely not our fault, but when you........." So I listened as he firmly made his opinion known and replied "ok, thank you". I really should have stayed home again today.

The week is only half way done and I am hoping that nothing else will go wrong. Famous last words, I know.

7 comments:

Aundrea said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! I really do hope things get better soon!! Hang in there:)

Lisa said...

Oh you poor thing - not fun, not fun!

Unknown said...

Oh man, that is rough. Hope things start going better. Good luck!!!

Autumn said...

I am so sorry! I have a terrible irrational fear of the throw ups! I HATE them!! Look at it this way..life can only get better..right?! Good luck!

Arah Debra said...

Gavin and I had the stomach flu too, but my week sounds like a walk in the park compared to you. So Sorry! I hope thing are better tomorrow.

Kayela said...

I cant do the throw up thing. Asa threw up everyday at least once until he was a year and a half and poor JJ had to clean up most of it. Thankfully he finally outgrew his acid reflux. The flu is horrible this year. Hopefully you will be finished with it.

Autumn said...

KerrieLeigh..I just tagged you...go to my blog to find out.